Saturday, March 30, 2013

Retro Revival

Trousers with billowy legs that conceal the crotch, making 'em look like an actual maxi skirt? I'M SOLD. Bolder choices could be made fashion wise but I think I deserve snaps for being a sartorial daredevil - I entertain new ideas. What I wear on days I write about on my blog is exactly how I would want to look on any given day (with an exception to my post-gym, errand-running disheveled look). I do not (and will never) limit my fashion exposure before the camera lens. If you think you can look like a certain way before a camera, try exposing it for the outside world to see. I hate cringing for other people. Being a true fashion saavy goes beyond creativity, guts would come in handy too. Duck, honey..!!
Before Tony Manero signals to have his trousers back, I actually think this is the best ensemble I have put together in so long. I would always reiterate the importance of balance when dressing, take it as a cardinal fashion rule. Hence something bottom-heavy will pair well with slimmer silhouette, in my case this zip front bustier in green to complement the garden print bottom. (Although I've been itching to try the palazzo pants/wide leg trousers and sheer long-sleeves polo combination.) It's too divine i can't even--
It's such a cliche but Topshop's designs are the commercial counterpart of my personal style. (Swak na swak sa taste ko!) The backless detail of the corset is just absolutely stunning. Also I can't seem to get over my obsession for this garden print fabric. I first saw it on their summer maxis but for some reason the cut of the dress is not exactly flattering. The trousers are more versatile anyway.

Clad in head-to-foot Topshop's past season treasures because I'm always a bit behind trend. It's fun. 

No comments: