Sunday, December 25, 2011

Veronica's Lodge

Title
_MG_9752
IMG_9662
Title
IMG_9727
Title
IMG_9723
Calorie intake dramatically rising, hydrangeas blooming, happy hormones increasing, lips chapping and mouth glistening from too much lechon fat. Christmas sure came faster this year- at least that's how it felt if you ask me. I have come into the realization that my gift-wrapper-tearing tendency decreases with age, as the number of gifts addressed to my name so duly reminded me. As you get older, the true meaning of Christmas gets to you; and we’re talking about the true meaning beyond gift-giving here.





I sink my back into our velour-lined Windsor chair (see photo #1 to appreciate) with a cocoa float on one hand and my secret arsenal on the other, and it feels like being transported into a Christmas movie sans the fireplace, thick winter coat and furry slippers. But you do get how campers in movies get cozy beside the fireplace in a lodge with the thickest of knits wrapped around their bodies on winter. Christmas morning to me still smell of apple cinnamon or winter candy apple, same old, same old.

As per tradition, December the 24th is spent at home playing Wii and Monopoly, last-minute wrapping of presents and awaiting the annual visit of our favorite boy before we sinfully indulge in the goodness that is the Christmas banquet at home. 

IMG_97072
Meet my mother's favorite godson and our favorite kinakapatid ever! He's just the cuuuutest!
Title
Title
Title
I must admit, Christmas felt a tad bit off this year with all the calamities that hit my country this month. There is no such thing as a "small donation" because help, big or small, is still a form of help at the end of the day. Let's continue sending help and prayers to all our fellow countrymen down south. Thinking about what can happen next gives me the heebie-jeebies  :( BUT I don't want to look far ahead.. So..


Here's to my attempt in producing another lengthy blog post. Confine me in a dark room and I'll be writing away in no time, my mind works like poinsettias blooming in the dark.


P.S. Took all the photos except for the last three ones, *pats on the back* 
Merry Christmas! 

1 comment:

said...

Philippine Christmas is famous for delicious food :D

...i really liked this purple sweet potatoe thing wrapped in a banana leaf (i forgot the name -_-°) , but i guess you know what i mean^^...but is it a traditional christmas sweet?! - i am not sure oO

Merry Christmas from Europe
♪ Vernissage and Cream ♫