Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Garage Glamorous

blogmain2
blogmain
I have come to know through a laborious trial and error of outfit choices, that the color of your outfit doesn't necessarily become the deciding factor of your "fate". It's like your grandmother reminding you to refrain from wearing black on your birthday or New Year's, or something in the like. It's as if color black is the ultimate shock absorber of anything bad luck. I have decided to finally break free from such superstitious belief that has been enslaving my choices for quite a while now.
blog1
Black was my choice for Christmas, simply because I wanted to take advantage of the cold and I knew this dress would do the trick. It provided the right amount of coverage without looking as if I messed up my calendar and confused Christmas with Halloween. The empire waist cut sure hid all my excess volume from all the Holiday feast.
blog2
Added a final touch of quirkiness to stray away from looking less like Wednesday Addams and more, well, Christmas appropriate. 
blogdetails
Bow headband used as bow tie from Carlotta Manila | Soule Phenomenon Platforms
Title
Leather and jeans, Garage glamorous.. Not sure what it means


I can not not talk about this LBD which I got from the Bloggers United Part 2 Bazaar. It really was like unearthing a piece of treasure. We were doing our last rounds, lazily and randomly parting racks and racks of clothing and voila! Pulled this out from a rack and was even more surprised when I got it for -- brace yourselves, 150 Pesos!! That's roughly about $3.50 (USD) :) **Forgive me for not giving proper credit to the blogger who once owned this dress in her possession. I cannot remember which stall I got this from. If this beauty was once yours, feel free to leave a comment below

Props to my forever-outfit-posts-photographer Ela :) Thank you! As much as I was on the verge of decapitating my make-up-free face off the photos, I was kinda surprised they turned out okay. I was never blessed with photogenic features so getting okay shots always seem so, taxing? I look relaxed and "fresh" (HAHA) with the wind-in-your-hair and all that.


Inner peace, welcome to my system. I've been doing a little recollection of insane[twenty]ELEVEN, I know I am right where I deserve to be. Giving thank you hugs (figuratively, of course) to everyone who's been dropping by whether for fun or to-make-fun-of. I shall keep this page running regardless of the compliments or eyebrow-raising incidences. haha! We could all use a little outlet sometimes :) 

14 comments:

Gellie Abogado said...

I'm in love with your shoes! :D

mestizay said...

what a lovely lace dress! the cute bow makes it irresistible!
Happy New year babe!:)

Junah Cagang said...

lovely outfit ! :)
Interesting blog, I really enjoyed browsing it :) HAPPY NEW YEAR !

XX JUNO ♥
NEW PERSONAL STYLE BLOGGER,
check out my blog and follow if you like:
Visit RECESSIONISTA.Thru A Lens
THANK YOU :))

Unknown said...

im in love with the red shoes and lace dress! happy new year love!

Nettie S. said...

You look really pretty! :) And your shoes omg <3

Ana Maria said...

Thanks ladies ;) Happy New Year!!

Ana Maria said...

Thank you Karina ;)

Karina Dinda R. said...

I'm in love with your shoes ^^ Thank you for following me, follow you back already :)

Cheers,
Karina Dinda R. ♥
BLOG | TWITTER | SHOP

Villy K said...

Nice lace dress! I`ve been looking for one

http://villy-k.blogspot.com/

Ana Maria said...

Thanks Karina and Villy! ;)

Jamie Kate said...

I love this look, Ana! :)

CHEKWA x CHICKFLICK: Join my First Giveaway!

Jamie Kate
http://allaroundchekwa.blogspot.com

Ana Maria said...

Thank you Jamie ;)

I DRESS-UP AND SLEEP said...

nice lace dress plus the pop of that red shoe, perfect for a romantic date

I DRESS-UP AND SLEEP said...

nice lace dress plus the pop of that red shoe, perfect for a romantic date