Saturday, November 20, 2010

No emotional baggage, just big bags filled with Dior

(November 8, 2010 MONDAY) I've been particularly excited about this day since our tickets got booked late July. Mum allotted generous baon (pocket money) for us girls since she said items are not exactly cheap in Singapore. As early as August, i was researching about the stores and malls I wanted to visit and even printed out the details  in 2 full pages!

My birthday and Christmas day are only 45 days apart so usually make a fused wish list. I only had a few things going on since I was thinking of using all my money to splurge on one thing (or two) that I really like.

I was carefully preserving my money til this day. I was surprised I was not tempted to buy something from Universal Studios, I guess I've outgrown souvenirs already. Orchard Road looked deserted on this lovely Monday Morning. Malls weren't even open so we were just strolling around.

I've developed a penchant for onesies (rompers, playsuits, jumpsuits..etc) since i feel very comfortable in them. I got this batwing jersey romper from the Rockwell bazaar last July and paired it with my monogram Coach flats. My sisters are surprised at how the midnight blue color of the romper is captured perfectly in the photograph. It looks black in actual :p I added my ever-favorite gold cross necklace (also from the Rockwell bazaar) and a blue studded bag from Hong Kong.

I love this photo of Nanay and Tatay just because Nanay blends with the color of the bus that suddenly swept past behind them. haha kidding, of course they look great in this photo!

Along the way, we saw the Miu Miu store at Paragon and it looks too cute so we just had to take a photo.




We wanted Forever21 to be our first stop because chances are, they have the items I'm waiting for, from their US website. I knew i wouldn't have this much to spend on a regular shopping trip so i planned to give in to my whims this time. The four-storey Forever21 was located at Somerset and we still had a long way to go so we stopped by Paragon to check it out. (Really, we just wanted to dry the sweat off our backs! haha)

Mom was raving about buying a Longchamp Le Pliage because the style and color that she wants is always sold out in Rustan's.  Paragon, from the looks of it, is a mall which houses upscale stores like Jimmy Choo, Coach, Miu Miu etc.


After taking this adorable photo of Tatay and my little brother Jose, I saw IT.. the flagship store of Longchamp. I told my mom to check it out so up we went. It was like Le Pliage heaven, all colors and styles imaginable were there. Funny how my mom pushed me in getting one for my own. Okay, if she didn't push me to, i probably would not have gone for it :p Imagine the multitude of clothes and shoes i could have gotten in place for one bag. After much deliberation (was torn between a black shorthandle and the navy longhandle) i settled with the latter. So there goes a major bulk of my pocket money!! Oh well, IM HAPPY. Enough said ;)

The thank-you-Daddy-I-promise-to-be-good shot

All four floors of Forever 21 and I had to practice self-control. It felt like a private sale, there were more or less 8 people inside including all 6 of us! haha I saw the black cut out booties that I've been wanting for so long and it was amazing how i was able to resist it.

By lunchtime we took a cab to see the Merlion Park and thank heavens Isa brought the tripod. Yaay!



From the Esplanade we took the City Link and walked our way to different malls.

Nanay & Jose resting while the rest of us are still trying to look for things and trinkets to buy. By afternoon and 2 Topmans later, I still have not found the perfect present for my boyfriend. Tatay and Jose went back to the hotel at 5PM while Nanay, Isa , Ela & I went back to Orchard Road.



No comments: