Sunday, June 3, 2012

Shop-and-Tell

'Cause when I shop the world gets better, it IS better. Then it's not anymore, and I need to do it again.
--Confessions of a Shopaholic
Title
Title
Title
Title
After losing myself for several hours down the rabbit-haul (get it?), I realized the awful truth that nothing fuels my blogging fire better than tossing in a little fashion-log. I decided to stay in on Bloggers United weekend, avoiding last-minute teasers on Instagram and live updates on twitter. The decision did me good as I was able to equally spend my weekend between my family and my dear girlfriends + Dean. 

Teasers tortured me to the core. But you know what they say discipline can trample down the borders between dream and reality. I knew it was impossible to egress empty-handed so skipping the event proved to be the most economically-sound move. I'm not giving up on Project Arm Candy and my B-Fund's looking as promising and I plan to keep it this way until I turn 23. Capisce!

It didn't take much to convince myself to stay behind; this is where my reasonable, working girl self transcends. After all, I was scheduled to claim my much-awaited ROXY haul from Kams which we ordered online over at ROXY.COM about a month ago. Just so you know, I'm not entirely comfortable with this whole shop-and-tell, thing. It's like inviting unwanted judgement from a mass of strangers but I have to keep this blog afloat with fresh entries every now and then. I usually try to prove a point when drafting an entry but I guess I'm pleading the fifth with this one. It is what it is. I don't need to go great lengths to prove this is not bragging.

So what do we have here? First, some of the stuff Nanay got me from their annual anniversary trip abroad. She sure knows me well. I absolutely miss walking into an H&M store, I have a feeling I will, sooner than later. Next is my Roxy haul fresh from the West Coast <3 THANKS KAMS! Finally, we have a bunch of not-so-recent Topshop finds which have been sitting in my closet for the longest time :| karamihan sa kanila last year pa. 

Steering my blog into a different direction. I criiiiiinge at the term blogger and I've grown fondness for trivial everyday-adventure posts. Thinking of rounding up my favorite cheap thrills next!

4 comments:

Jhavoo Morgia said...

Super like those aztec printed stuffs!!!

Wonder Woman said...

You quoted another one of my favorite movies. I love you talaga!

Win Villa del Conte chocolates here:
http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com/2012/05/villa-del-conte-real-passion-for.html

Hazel said...

i never think of hauls as bragging 'cause i love seeing what other bloggers recent purchases!! :D sort of like a feel-good post that makes me shop after reading HAHA :P

Jamie Kate said...

Now THAT is shopping! :)



Jamie Kate
http://allaroundchekwa.blogspot.com