Wednesday, August 29, 2012

From cloud 9 to ground zero to square one

Before my personal space spirals down the blogging black hole, allow me to salvage it this one time by tossing in a fresh entry. So what could this blog possibly missed out on? From a seemingly all-time career high, my go-kart on the corporate race track came to a halt and went berserk. Okay I'm exaggerating. Grown-up life happened and I filed my resignation earlier this month. Nothing major. I can't keep on allowing people to put me in a position when and where they feel like it. It's been 12 months, what the hell am I chopped liver? I believe I've shown enough resilience over the past year, but it's my personal happiness and sanity on the line, then we HAVE an issue.

I have a natural tendency to act negatively towards change. But not this time. You know those "it's time"-moments when you suddenly have to part ways with something you've been holding on to dearly (case in point: my beloved job) but deep inside you know it couldn't have happened in a better time. Sad consolation, but better than none, right? This may also be the perfect opportunity for me to pursue something else and invest in my future. I'm afraid I am enjoying my much-needed staycation for now, hogging the TV all to myself and running series marathon until I literally fall asleep.

I may have sounded the panic button a little early on. Technically, unemployment starts next week and so far, I realized there's no need for me to chase down every opportunity.  If it's for me, it will come. I don't want to commit to a new job just  for the sake of working and earning and busying myself until something better comes along, I mean, where's the fun in that right? haha

ANYWAY. Posting a recent photo of me after a long day of lunch out and shopping with my parents. In an Olivia&Fifth dress which is gorgeous but breast cancer-inducing. Go figure, HAHA/

ANYWAY, God-knows where I'm off to so while at it I am exploiting the wonders of television. Currently hooked on this new Amy Sherman-Palladino series! 


3 comments:

Eleigh Llaneras said...

Now that I'm working I kinda miss my jobless days when it's all Me Time, tv, movie marathons, net surfing and hanging out with friends etc. .then I realized I needed some cash. :D

http://eleighllaneras.blogspot.com

Chyrel Gomez said...

We're on the same page only that you already hit the panic button.

I've been with the company five years and I am on the verge of throwing it all down the sink.

You deserve a pat on the back, btw.

Saskia Sacro said...

OMG! I love your PINK FLATS!!!

thesassytheory.blogspot.com